Porcelain Dental Veneers
Laytonsville, MD Dentist
Porcelain Veneers at Sheila L. Brush, DDS, PC
Porcelain dental veneers are a popular cosmetic dentistry solution that can transform the appearance of your smile. Whether looking to fix gaps, chips, or discoloration, veneers provide an effective solution lasting several years. Dr. Sheila Brush can help you understand the process and determine if it is the right solution.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are a dependable and affordable solution to imperfect smiles. They are wafer-thin, tooth-colored porcelain shells that cover your natural teeth. Long-lasting and natural looking, they protect your teeth from further damage and give you the bright, beautiful smile you desire. If you live in or around Laytonsville, MD, and want to improve your smile, we want to serve you!
What Are The Benefits of Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers offer several benefits, including:
- Improved appearance: They can enhance the appearance of your smile by correcting discoloration, chips, gaps, and other cosmetic issues.
- Strengthening of teeth: They can also help boost your natural teeth, especially if worn down or weakened.
- Long-lasting results: They can last for 7-15 years with proper care.
- Minimal tooth reduction: Unlike other cosmetic dental procedures, veneers typically only require minimal removal of the natural tooth structure.
- Customizable: They are made to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth, providing a completely customized solution.
- Non-invasive: A solution for enhancing the appearance of your teeth without requiring extensive preparation or recovery time.
- Versatile: They can be used to treat various cosmetic dental issues, making them a versatile option for many patients.
What are the different types of veneers?
Veneers are typically made of either porcelain or composite resin material. Dr. Brush provides porcelain dental veneers because they are more durable and stain resistant. A composite veneer is less costly, less durable, and more susceptible to staining and chipping. The choice of material used will depend on the patient’s specific needs and goals and the dentist’s recommendation.
How long does it take to get porcelain dental veneers?
Getting porcelain dental veneers typically requires two to three office visits. During the first appointment with your dentist, she assesses your oral health and determines if veneers are a suitable solution. If so, Dr. Brush prepares the teeth by removing a small amount of enamel and taking impressions to create a mold to fabricate the veneers. You are sent home with temporary veneers.
During the second visit, Dr. Brush places them on the teeth and makes adjustments before using dental cement to bond them. This visit may take up to two hours or more. The final stop is a follow-up appointment to check on the patient’s healing and make any final adjustments if needed.
How long do dental veneers last?
Veneers typically last between 10 and 15 years with proper care and maintenance. However, longevity can be influenced by factors such as oral hygiene, habits (such as teeth grinding), and the material used. Regular visits to your dentist for check-ups and cleanings can help extend their life.
Do teeth get dirty under porcelain dental veneers?
While veneers do not make it more likely that you’ll suffer from cavities, they make it more critical than ever to maintain a good oral hygiene routine. The teeth under your veneers can still accumulate plaque and tartar, which means they may eventually develop tiny holes in them.
Are They Right For You?
Veneers are helpful with any of the following issues:
- Worn down, chipped, or broken teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Uneven or irregularly shaped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Whether Dr. Brush is filling in a gap, lengthening a worn-down tooth, changing the shape and coloration, or covering chips, cracks, and stains, veneers can give you a symmetrical smile that you can confidently show the world.
Sheila L. Brush Can Help With Porcelain Dental Veneers in Laytonsville
You greet the world with your smile, and if you have uneven, discolored, or cracked teeth, it may be challenging to do so confidently. The good news is that Sheila L. Brush has a solution for you.
Our cosmetic dentist in Laytonsville, Dr. Brush, can help you change your teeth’ color, shape, length, alignment, and spacing. Veneers may be the quickest, most straightforward way to enhance your smile.
Porcelain veneers can last for years with proper care. Continue brushing, flossing, and regular professional cleanings and exams. Contact Sheila L. Brush, DDS, PC, for a consultation to see if porcelain veneers suit your smile.